Clinical Research Centre
The goal of the National Centre of Translational and Clinical Research (CTM) for the period 2017-2020 is to develop a clinical research unit. In connection with that, the partners of the project (University of Tartu, Estonian University of Life Sciences and Tartu University Hospital) are developing the Clinical Research Centre. As a result of that, the total CTM’s structure will ensure the technologies and strong support system needed for the preclinical and clinical field. This is going to enable to organize high standard health surveys in Estonia, which will improve our international impact.
The Clinical Research Centre:
– organizes clinical project management and courses to ensure high-quality clinical trials;
– advises with the applications for an ethics committee and State Agency of Medicines approvals;
– provides support with questions regarding both clinical and translational research;
– assists with organizing biobanks and biological materials;
– consults on writing grant proposals;
– helps to find funding for existing project ideas.
Please also contact us, if:
– you wish to involve the best scientists from Estonia;
– you are looking for partners for international co-operation;
– you have any other innovative ideas to discuss with us.
Why in Tartu?
Tartu is the only city in Estonia with a university hospital – Tartu University Hospital. Both, University of Tartu and Tartu University Hospital, are widely known by clinical trials and clinical research in human health. In addition, the tight co-operation between the University and the University Hospital creates mutual synergy between preclinical and clinical research.